Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, April 5

A letter to my lovely grandpa


Qing Ming Festival, the actual day falls on today. Actually it doesn't mean anything to me.
Cause I never been even once.
Every year when friends and relatives go to cheng beng, I actually just stay at home doing my own things.
I wanted to go, I mean it.
Not because I'm hardworking or what, I just feel like paying respect to the ancestors.
And I do curious what we have to prepare and do for the praying ceremony.
I still remember in the primary school, when we were required to write an essay about Qing Ming Festival, I did know how to write it even I never been or do before. Do you know why?
Cause I can refer to the essay books! =D
Don't you realise that those essay actually start with almost the same statements,
which is: “清明节时雨纷纷,路上行人欲断魂” ?
Oh yea, I used to imagine the scenes and situations while reading those essays.
*I've forgotten to mention that I love chinese essays, I always do. I've been reading a lot, especially those which are able to attract my attention.*

Alright, back to the topic.
I have been thinking to go to the temple, which is somewhere near Snake Temple, (I suppose it is at Bayan Lepas huh?) to pray my grandpa.
I didn't been to there for about 1-2 years.
I roughly know how to go there, but I'm not sure if I know the road to go back home.
So I cancelled the plan at the end. 
Sorry. But I promise will find a time to pay you a visit.
Miss you grandpa! 

Grandpa had a very hard time when he was still here.
I heard from my mummy that grandpa was a tricycle-man.
He didn't get the chance to enjoy easy life.
He died in a sickness which is something related to the stomach, I'm not sure if it's cancer or what.
Cause everything happened in a sudden. Nobody had expected it.
When he passed away, I was still in standard 2 or 3.
That time I couldn't feel and understand the sadness or pain of losing a close relative, but I cried on the funeral day.
When I heard the song, I actually cried, and suddenly I felt like I understood that I lost grandpa forever. *tears*
I didn't get a chance to take a photo with him too.


Dear grandpa,

Do R.I.P. Hope that this will never be too late to say it.
I actually don't remember every moments when we were together, but I remember your kindness and the love to all of us.
I remember those you've did for us. Nice one!
But so sad that I have lost all of them.
And I remember the familiar almond smell too. A drink that you like.

I sincerely pray that you will have a better and happy time on the next life.
And on your next live, don't smoke anymore. Smoking brings harm to your health.

Will remember you always.
Love you & miss you.
Till here then.

Your sincerely grandchild.

No comments: